- Free Yoga & Tai Chi: Every weekend through September 28, you can join other New York residents or visitors for some exercise and stress relief. The instructors gear sessions toward all experience levels.
- Rotating Art Exhibits: At the heart of Socrates Sculpture Park is the opportunity for emerging artists to showcase their works. Any time you visit the park, you can expect to find a variety of different art exhibits.
- Performances: From dance to Shakespeare in the park, you can catch some fantastic music and theatrical performances at Socrates Sculpture Park. Check the Socrates Sculpture Park website for the most up-to-date performance listings.
- GrowNYC Greenmarket: Whether you want to buy some fresh produce or artisan bread, the greenmarket is just the place take your car rental on a Saturday in NYC. The greenmarket is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. from June 7 through November 22, 2014.
- Outdoor Cinema: From July 2 through August 27, 2014, Socrates Sculpture Park and Film Forum, in partnership with Rooftop Films, is hosting an eight-week international film festival celebrating the diversity of Queens. The films begin at sundown and are free for everyone.
Empire Rent a Car recommends, whether you have lived in NYC your whole life or are just visiting for the weekend, that you take your rental car out to Socrates Sculpture Park. What began in 1985 as a small initiative by local artists, Socrates Sculpture Park has become a community hub for resources, activities, and (of course) the arts. Overseen by the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, Socrates Sculpture Park has many rotating outdoor art exhibits as well as community events. You can always find something unique to Queens at Socrates Sculpture Park. Here you can get a true taste of New York City’s culture and at the same time enjoy some green space. Here are just a few of the attractions you might want to check out during your visit to Socrates Sculpture Park: