- Pack your favorite beach foods, and share a picnic-style lunch together at Long Beach.
- Tour one of Long Island’s many breweries.
- Drive your van rental to each of the island’s lighthouses, and get to know more about their unique history.
- Between May and June, go strawberry picking! You can eat what you pick or take some home with you to snack on, make jam, or cut them up on your favorite summer salad.
- Check out the Long Island Aquarium’s unique water-creature exhibits—fun for all ages!
- Long Island has a selection of wineries if you’re interested in a wine-tasting or tour.
Long Island, NY isn’t meant to be experienced alone. From the Gold Coast mansions to the beaches, a day or weekend away in Long Island is always more meaningful if you make it a group adventure. So grab your closest friends and family members, book a van rental from Empire Rent a Car, and head to Long Island! Here are some suggestions for fun group outings in Long Island: