Are you looking for some day-trip ideas in Long Island? Why not book a vehicle from Empire Rent A Car and spend an afternoon at the historic Montauk Lighthouse? As one of the top 10 things to do in Long Island by TripAdvisor, the lighthouse is a National Historic Landmark and is a beautiful sight on the east coast.
Here are some ways you can enjoy the lighthouse (and the journey):
- Pack a picnic lunch, and make a day of it. You can find plenty of grassy areas to enjoy views of the lighthouse, the shoreline, and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Bring your camera, and explore your artistic side. The lighthouse is so beautiful on its own, so you don’t have to be a professional to take home some beautiful shots to enjoy.
- Visit the lighthouse museum, located in what was once the lighthouse keeper’s house. You can find historic documents and the stories behind this iconic attraction.
- Check out the events calendar before you go. You may be able to time your visit to enjoy one of the events that occur at the lighthouse each year.
- Stop at the visitor center to get your tickets and to take home a memento of your trip as well.
The Montauk Lighthouse is a must-see for anyone visiting Long Island or the greater New York City area. The drive itself isn’t shabby, and with a rental car from us, you’re bound to have an enjoyable time from beginning to end. Our cars and vans are the best in the area, and our customer service just can’t be beat.
To book your car rental, contact Empire Rent A Car at (800) 750-8782, or book online. We’ll help you find the rental location closest to you so you can get your car and be on your way to the Montauk Lighthouse.