1. Katz’s DelicatessenThis NYC staple first opened its doors in 1888 and has remained essential to locals and visitors. Their fresh sandwiches are both huge and delicious, boasting corned beef and pastrami that’s cured slowly for 30 days. Plan on splitting a sandwich and savoring every bit. You can find Katz’s Deli at 205 East Houston Street at the corner of Ludlow St.
2. Lure FishbarIn the mood for sushi? Check out Lure Fishbar at 142 Mercer Street in downtown Manhattan. They’re open for brunch, lunch, late lunch, and dinner. And in case you’re coming with a passenger van full of people, Lure can also accommodate groups of up to 20 people. We recommend that no matter how many people are in your group that you make a reservation.
3. Russ & Daughters CafeNew on the NY scene in 2014, Russ & Daughters Cafe has quickly become one of the top new restaurants in the city. From matzo ball soup to delicious fish platters, you can find a dish that’s unlike anything you’ve tasted before. The cafe is located at 127 Orchard Street.
4. The Spotted PigA popular NYC place to eat and stay a while, The Spotted Pig features seasonal British and Italian food. They aim to use local, fresh ingredients whenever possible. Current menu choices include Sheep’s Milk Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter & Crispy Sage, Scallops with Creamy Beans, and even Oysters with Mignonette. The Spotted Pig also features specialty drinks. You can find it at 314 W. 11th Street.
5. Roberta’s PizzaIt wouldn’t be fair of us not to include at least one New York pizza place on our list—and Roberta’s is the perfect place to start. This restaurant in located in the heart of Brooklyn, and you can decide to eat in or take out. Note that in addition to pizza, you can also order some great entrees like smoked ribs or pork chops. Either way, you can’t go wrong. You can find Roberta’s at 261 Moore Street in Brooklyn.
Hungry yet? Don’t wait a minute longer. Hop in your rental car and start exploring these New York restaurants. If you need a car to get around town, let Empire help you out. Contact us today at (800) 750-8782 to find out about our current rates and specials, or book a rental online.