5 Moving Tips You May Not Have Thought Of
Moving can be as stressful as it is exciting. The prospect of a fresh start and new opportunities mixed with the stress of selling your home, buying a new home, and packing and transporting all of your belongings, makes for a crazy season of life. Take some of the stress out of the move by renting a moving truck from Empire Rent A Car and remembering these tips that you may not have thought of yet.
1. Find Free Moving BoxesInstead of spending money on cardboard boxes, there are several places you can find them for free. Chances are, you’ll be able to find plenty of boxes without spending a penny. Try searching local recycling drop-off points, Craigslist, liquor stores, or your neighborhood Facebook page.
2. Make Donating EasyEveryone knows that relocating is a great time to go through your belongings and purge anything you no longer need. However, if you’re getting rid of heavy furniture, old clothing, or household items, try scheduling a free donation pick-up to make your life easier. Usually, Goodwill, Salvation Army, or Habitat for Humanity will come to your home and pick up your donations for free, saving you the time of hauling everything yourself.
3. Board Your Pets and Hire a BabysitterMoving day is going to be hectic and if you have young children or pets, it’s best to keep them out of the way. Leave your kids with grandma for the day, so you don’t have to worry about stopping for lunch or nap times and they won’t be in danger of getting run over by a couch. Also, during a move, your doors are likely going to be propped open all day, giving even the best behaved dog the chance to bolt. Take that element of stress out of the equation and bring Fluffy home after the dust has settled and the doors have closed.
4. Bring Plenty of Snacks and Bottled Water
Given the sheer number of tasks involved when moving, it’s easy to forget the simple things – like the fact that you and your movers will need a lot of water on moving day (especially during the summer). So come moving day, we recommend bringing a pack of bottled water and some basic snacks with you to the new house. Trust us – your movers will thank you.
5. Rent a Moving Truck from Empire Rent A Car
Renting a moving truck can save you significant time and hassle when moving. Remember these tips and you’ll be sure to get your belongings moved with no issues. If you’re not sure where to start, contact Empire Rent A Car in New York at (800) 750-8782 and let the professionals put you in the right truck. You can also make a reservation online anytime.