1. Think local.Most people go with the big rental car companies, thinking they offer the best deals. However, many local car rental companies offer competitive pricing and special rates on rental cars. Plus, many local places—like Empire Rent A Car—provide superior customer service and will price match competitors’ rates.
2. Book in advance.When you’re traveling during busy seasons, try to book your rental car as early as possible. The last thing you want is to be stranded at the airport because the rental company is out of vehicles or all they have left are the luxury vehicles that cost too much for your short trip to NYC.
3. Ask about special deals and discounts.Many car rental companies have special coupons online or even discounts for military or seniors. When you make a reservation, be sure to ask about current rental specials to see whether you qualify for additional savings. You may also want to ask whether the company has special rates for return customers.
4. Don’t sacrifice space for savings.If you’re traveling with a group, you may be tempted to get a compact rental car to save money. However, if you plan to be in that vehicle for any amount of time, you know things will feel cramped fast. Go ahead and upgrade your rental car to a minivan rental or SUV rental. You may spend a bit more, but you’ll be glad you did.
5. Read through the rental agreement.Not all rental car companies are alike. Be sure to read through the car rental policies before you sign the agreement. You don’t want to end up paying fees for missing any important details.
Next time you’re traveling through New York, contact Empire Rent A Car for the area’s top car-rental experience. We have superior customer service—just read the reviews from our past customers. Plus, we have a wide selection of rental vehicles, including rental cars, passenger vans, SUV rentals, and more. To make a reservation, call us at (800) 750-8782, or fill out our online reservation request form.